Tuesday 28 April 2015

"To be mine, lose yourself in me."

I begin to see that in faith he is near. 

That is his presence. Faith that believes in darkness is Christ giving me himself. 

Hope that trusts in unknowing, not longing for the past not fearing the future,  is Christ giving me himself. 

Love in darkness is what makes it a night of warmth, of encounter. Love in darkness is Christ's gift of self, his truly sharing my life in His, in Union.

What has seemed so empty has never been empty, as Christ's own heart believes, hopes and loves in mine. Why can I not see him? Because he is sharing one life with me, because at these moments, it is not I who live but Christ who lives in me. The union is not the union of being beside someone but of being one with them.

He hollows and carves with desire and longing and emptiness so he can fill with himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment