Saturday 2 August 2014

Longing for?

I had identified the longing for god that I have with the longing to sense his love. I can see now that is not what i long for, but for the love behind what i sense. I long for him, but in a way I havent experienced  and dont understand.  And at the same time, i see that very quietly, he is already giving that love to me. Already filling me with himself. While the storm came and blew away the experiences i had come to love and cling to, he was quietly working below the storm and giving me himself in a deeper way. A peace. A presence. That what I long for, who I long for, isn't gone. It is within me. And with a magnificence and substance strength that is deeper than I knew. I have had a small taste of the old wine and it changes how i see the new wine i thought i was thirsting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment